Idea behind the creation of college clusters: JNU-DRP now Special Center for Disaster Research realized that DRR cannot be sustained without involving the youth from colleges and universities. The best age to influence and direct commitment towards DRR was the undergraduate level students.
The initiative was conducted in order to involve the youth in mitigating and managing disaster. The initiative is a collaboration of several colleges of the University of Delhi- Lady Shri Ram College (LSR), Miranda House, IGNOU, Kamala Nehru College, Aditi Mahavidyalaya.
Outcomes /History of College Cluster Events:
- The First Consultative Meet With The Colleges, 7th September, 2015
- Neighborhood Mapping, 20th January, 2017
- College Cluster Stock-Taking Meeting DRP, JNU – 20/02/16
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Community Resilience Building: A Report on Garhi Village, Lady Shri Ram College
- Assessment of Disaster Risk and Vulnerability in and Around University of Delhi, North Campus, Miranda House
- Disaster Vulnerability and community Resilience: Participatory Neighborhood Study of South Delhi, Kamala Nehru College