Present Designation and Centre’s/School address/ tel./mobile no./email
Professor, Centre for Inner Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067,) 01126744378, 9650465300, email@example.com
Qualifications (last final one) i.e.;
MA (1975, Geography, CSRD/SSS/JNU)
PhD (1990, “Towards a Spatial Model of Tourist Industry in Kashmir Valley”)
Date of Joining JNU.
Interest Area in Disaster Studies
Disaster, Women and Community, Impact Studies
Last three best publications
a)’Understanding Maldives in the Context of Trafficking’ in Development and Regional Cooperation in Central and South Asia: Euro-Asian Perspectives, Editedby Henrik Berglund, Mondira Dutta & Per Hilding, Pentagon Press in collaboration with Stockholm University, Oct 2015, New Delhi
- b) “Reaching the Grassroots: Contribution of India in Afghanistan”, http://eujournal.org/files/journals/1/books/AIIC2014.Vol.2.pdf,2nd Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, AIIC 2014, Azores, Portugal Proceedings, Vol.2,p.143, August 2014.
- c) Authored book onUnderstanding Gender Equality, published by National Commission for Women, Govt of India, March 2012 (Released on International Women’s day)
- Book (Edited) on Development and Regional Cooperation in Central Asia and South Asia – Euro Asian Perspectives, in joint collaboration with Forum for Asia Studies, University of Stockholm, Sweden, Edited by Henrik Berglund, Mondira Dutta & Per Hilding, Pentagon Press, Oct 2015.
- Book (Edited) onGender and Human Development in South and Central Asia, Pentagon Press, 2013 (Edited)
- ‘Cultural Dimensions of Human Trafficking in India’, has been published in ‘International Journal of Arts & Sciences’,USA, ISSN: 1944-6934: 4(13):93–102, Copyright c 2011 by InternationalJournal.org., 2011
- ‘Empowering Grassroots through Capacity Building Measures: Indian Initiatives in Afghanistan’ in ‘Reconstructing Afghanistan – Prospects and limitations’ Edited by Arpita Basu Roy & Binoda Kumar Mishra, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Shipra Publications, Kolkata, Jan 2011
- Authored book onCapturing Women’s Work,Pentagon Press, New Delhi 2010
Research Experience and area of research
Gender Issues, Impact Studies and Human Security in South Asia and Central Asia
Your international collaborative research experience e.g.; UNDP/UN agencies, DFID, NORAD, International NGOs.
UN Women:Completed the following research projects
- “Community Based Preventive Measures for Trafficking of Women and Girls in India”, UN Women, 2012-2013, New Delhi
- “Understanding Gender equality”, sponsored by UN Women and National Commission for Women, March 2012
- “Situation of Human trafficking in the Maldives – A Rapid Assessment”sponsored by UN Women and Human Rights Commission, Maldives, May 2011
- A Study on ‘Mapping Vulnerability to Trafficking of Women and Children in India’, sponsored by UN Women and the National Commission for Women, March 2011, UN Women, New Delhi.
- Evaluation study on theUNIFEM Regional Anti-trafficking Programme in South Asia, (2000 -2009) as the Team Leader. UNIFEM South Asia Regional Office, New Delhi, February 2010.
- Evaluation Study on ‘Child Labour’ for AVA (Association of Voluntary Action) sponsored by NOVIB and Bread for the World, 2005-2006
- Evaluation of the Devadasi Rehabilitation Project (Devadasi is a system of dedicating girl children as maid-servants of God, which leads to sexual exploitation and trafficking into brothels), Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka, India’. The evaluation of this project was sponsored by NOVIB, Netherlands, December 2001
- ‘Conditions of Work and Employment of the Home-Based and Self-Employed Women Workers. A Case Study of Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai’, sponsored by the Ford Foundation, New Delhi, July 2001 – August 2004
The World Bank
- ‘Impact and Community Response to International Marketing Initiatives in Artisan Communities –a research project affiliated with Innovations in the International Crafts Market and Artisans Empowerment’ (INNOVATIONS) a pilot project of ‘The Policy Sciences Center, Inc.’, sponsored by The Learning and Research Program on Culture and Poverty of the World Bank, USA. April 2003 to September2003.
- ‘Home-Based Working Women in India: A Situational Analysis and Awareness Generation for marketing through Traveling Exhibition’, May 2003. The British Council, New Delhi sponsored the study under their GAD programme for small projects.
United Nations Human Rights Commission, Geneva
- ‘Rescued Trafficked Children from Commercial Sexual Exploitation – A Situational Analysis and their Rehabilitation – A Case Study of the cities of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata in India’. Supported by United Nations Human Rights Commission, Geneva, Switzerland, April 2002.
- ‘Community Response for Urban Infrastructure Services in Slum Areas of Cuttack Municipality, Orissa’. The project was funded by Department for International Development (DFID) & British High Commission, New Delhi, 1998.
Several other evaluation studies with International Organizations such as Canadian Teachers Federation, Swedish Teachers Union, etc
National collaborative research experience e.g.; DARPG, ICMR, National NGOs
Impact Studies& Best Practices (with Government of India)
- “Status, Functions and Performance of State Women’s Commission in India”– A study sponsored by the National Commission for Women, April 2012
- Evaluation Study for the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India on ‘Indian Initiatives for Afghan Women’, (Implementing partners were SEWA and Hand in Hand), November, 2010.
- A two-year project (2007–2009) on “Capacity building for poverty Eradication-Governance Knowledge Centre”, (with Prof Amita Singh as PI), Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievance (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India, Dec 2009.
- Best Practices onChange Initiatives, Kolkata, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, November 2008
- Best Practices onKolkata Municipal Corporation, Kolkata, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, November 2008
- Best Practices onPaschimbanga Rajya Shishu Shiksha Mission, Kolkata, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, November 2008
- Best Practices on Citizen’s Portal, Lisbon, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, Jan 2008
- Best Practices on Power Reforms in Rajasthan, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, 2007
- Best Practices on E-Mitra, Rajasthan, sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, Dec 2007
- Best Practices on The Barefoot College, Rajasthan sponsored by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, Dec 2007
- ‘Microfinance and Capacity Building Measures in Gorno – Badakhshan Autonomous Oblast (GBAO), Tajikistan’, under the Area Studies Programme, Centre for Inner Asian Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi sponsored by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Evaluation study for the ‘All India Primary Teachers’ Federation (AIPTF) and Lärarförbundet’ (Swedish Teachers’ Union)for the Primary School teachers in the states of Tamilnadu and Orissa, Phase I, as an external evaluator, Jan 2015, New Delhi.
- Evaluation Study of the Girl School Dropout Programme- a programme of the All India Christian Higher Education, New Delhi, sponsored by the Canadian Teachers Federation, Canada, Jan 2009
- Evaluation Study of the Professional Development Programme for training of Primary School Teachers – a programme of the All India Primary Teachers Federation, New Delhi, sponsored by the Canadian Teachers Federation, Canada, December 2008
- ‘Human Development Report for Bihar’, sponsored by the Planning Commission, New Delhi. Contributed the chapter on Tourism. May 2003.
Other Important Engagements
- Guest Researcher, Stockholm University, Sweden, from September – October 2012
- Senior Advisor, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India from Aug 2011 to Dec 2011 for developing the National Strategy on anti–trafficking measures