Name :Bupinder Zutshi , Professor, Centre for the Study of Regional Development, School of Social Sciences, 011-26704188, 09312267803, email@example.com
Present Designation: Director Admissions, JNU
Qualification: M.A (1975- Geography), M. Phil (1977- Population Studies), Ph. D (1986- Human Settlements- Spatial Distribution of Central Places in Kashmir Valley)
Date of Joining in JNU: February, 2006
Last three best Publications
- “Electoral Participation, Knowledge, Attitude and Practices : A Case Study of Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election 2012 (India)” Proceedings of 2nd Annual International Inter-Disciplinary Congress (1: 2014; Azores Islands), August 2014. Published by European Scientific Institute, Printed in Republic of Macedonia , ISBN 978-608-4642-25-1, Copyright © 2014 by the authors, ESI and licensors , pp 91-103.
- “ Rural Transformation in Carpet Weaving areas of Varanasi and Mirzapur Districts, India” The Deccan Geographer, Volume 52, Number 1, June 2014, pp 17-25, The Deccan Geographical Society, India.
- “Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Challenges and Initiatives towards Equalization of Opportunities” in Marginality, Exclusion and Social Justice, edited by Ashish Sexsena, published by Rawat Publications, Jaipur, June 2013, ISBN: 978-81-316-0568-4.
Best Five Publications
- “Education Initiatives and Rural Transformation in Carpet Weaving Areas of Varanasi- Mirzapur- Bhadhoi in India: A Case Study of Project Mala Schools”, published in the proceedings of Education for Rural Transformation (ERT) Proceedings 2013. January 2014. Stockholm University, Sweden and Kesatsart University, Bangkok. pp 258-266. http://www.edu.ku.ac.th/en/files/ert13.pdf.
- “Medication Expenditure among Elderly Population: A Case Study of Vasant Kunj in Delhi, India” in Sciknow Publications Ltd. Healthcare. HC 2013 1(1) 19-27, May 2013, DOI: 10.12966/hc.5.5.2013. Heath care is a peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary international journal that publishes integrative and substantive reviews.
- Higher and Technical Education: a window towards knowledge society – the challenges and opportunities in india, International Journal of Arts and Science, CD Rom, ISSN-1944-6934: 4(11): 179-193 (2011), Copyright c 2011 by InternationalJournal.org
- Evaluation of UNIFEM Anti-Trafficking Programme in South Asia- 2000-2009, Sponsored by / UN Women formerly UNIFEM (United Nations Fund for Women). http://www.unwomensouthasia.org/2012/evaluation-of-regional-anti-trafficking-programme-2000-2009-2/
- “ Impact and Community Response to International Marketing Initiatives in Artisan Communities,”, summarized in The World Bank Research Program, 2004: Abstracts of Current Studies,page 47.
- With Amita Singh, CSLG, JNU : Knowledge, Attitude, Behavior, Belief and Practices (KABBP) of Electorates in Uttar Pradesh, April 2014, Centre for Law and Governance Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Bt Cotton Cultivation in India: Illusions of success, Wisdom Publications, New Delhi, November 2012, ISBN 978-93-81505-41-0.
- Status of Elementary Education in India, Pentagon Press, New Delhi, March- 2012, ISBN: 978-81-8274-613-8.
- Evaluation of UNIFEM Anti-Trafficking Programme in South Asia- 2000-2009, Sponsored by / UN Women formerly UNIFEM (United Nations Fund for Women).
- Review of Child Labour, Education and Poverty Agenda- India Country Report – 2006 , sponsored by Global March against Child Labour and International Centre on Child Labour and Education- Washington D.C, USA.
- Review of Child Labour, Education and Poverty Agenda- Bangladesh Country Report – 2006 , sponsored by Global March against Child Labour and International Centre on Child Labour and Education- Washington D.C, USA.
- Edited Book with Kailash Satyarthi, Noble Peace Prize Winner, Globalisation, Development and Child Rights Violation- Indian Experiences, Shipra Publishers, New Delhi – March 2006. ISBN: 8175412190
- Seeking to Bridge The Divide: Linking Formal And Non-Formal Education In Uttar Pradesh, India, 2004, Published by the International Bureau of Education (IBE) UNESCO, Geneva under IBE Collaborative Projects.
- Child Labour Rehabilitation in India, March 2003, Bhavana Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN: 81-86505-64-4
- Education for street and working children in India. (Published by Indian Commission on UNESCO, Ministry of Human Resource Development and UNESCO, New Delhi), March 2002
- In the Name of Child Labour – Eradication and Evaluation Programmes Shipra Publication, New Delhi – 2002, ISBN: 81-7541-093-0
Research Experience and Area of Research
Thirty Six years of teaching and research experience. Area of specialization is Human settlements and their changing habitat, Demographic changes and their consequences on population composition and population characteristics, Elementary and Higher Education, Child Labour, Disaster Management.
- Evaluation of ChildFund India Education Programmes with special reference to Reading Skill Improvement Programme in India- 2012. Project Sponsored by ChildFund India.
- Status of Elementary Education in India sponsored by National Coalition for Education. 2011
- “Dynamics of Hybrid Cottonseed Farming and Child Labour Participation in India’ sponsored by Global March against Child Labour, 2011.
· Evaluation of Title II (Food for Peace) – assisted Phase Out Plan (POP) of USAID to India, Sponsored by USAID, June – November 2010
· Evaluation of UNIFEM Anti-Trafficking Programme in South Asia, Sponsored by UNIFEM ( United Nations Fund for Women)- March 2010
· Rational Use of Medicines among Senior Citizens- A case study of Vasant Kunj in Delhi, the project is supported by the World Health Organization, New Delhi, March 2009
· Country Reports Child Labour Education and Poverty Status in India, Sponsored by the International Centre on Child Labour and Education, Washington D.C, June 05 – Dec. 05.
· Country Reports Child Labour Education and Poverty Status in Bangladesh, Sponsored by the International Centre on Child Labour and Education, Washington D.C, June 05 – Dec. 05.
· Evaluation of Food Support from USAID for Education Initiative in India through the Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Sponsored by the USAID. – March 2005.
· Disability Status in India- Case Study of Delhi Metropolitan Region, August 2004, Sponsored by the Ford Foundation, New Delhi.
· United Nations –Inter Agency Working Group on Child Labour, Good Practices – Interventions in India, Project Sponsored by UNDP and ILO. March 2004.
· Manual for Teacher Training and Curriculum Development for Non-formal Education, in Carpet-weaving and Glass-Bangle Making Areas, Under the National Child Labour Projects in, Uttar Pradesh, India, Project Sponsored by the International Bureau of Education (UNESCO-IBE), Geneva. January 2004.
·“Impact and Community Response to International Marketing Initiatives in Artisan Communities” – a research project affiliated with: Innovations in the International Crafts Market and Artisans Empowerment (INNOVATIONS) a pilot project of ‘The Policy Sciences Center, Inc. USA’, sponsored by The Learning and Research Program on Culture and Poverty of the World Bank, USA. April 2003 – September 2003. Summarized in The World Bank Research Program, 2004: Abstracts of Current Studies, Washington D.C .
· Training of Field Officers of Non-Formal Education Schools in Uttar Pradesh under National Child Labour Project (Ministry of Labour, Government of India). Project sponsored by UNESCO, New Delhi. The project was completed in July 2002.
· Non-Formal Education under National Child Labour Project (Ministry of Labour, Government of India)- Teachers Training, Monitoring and Evaluation in Mirzapur- Bhadhoi Carpet Weaving Region, Project Sponsored by UNESCO (New Delhi and International Bureau of Education, Geneva). The project was completed in March 2002.
· Evaluation of South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude. The Project was sponsored by Netherlands Funding Agency. (NOVIB). The project was completed on Ist March 2002.
· Evaluation of Education March (January – June 2001) by South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude along with other NGOs and Civil Societies. The Project was sponsored by Netherlands Funding Agency. (NOVIB). The project was completed on Ist November 2001.
· Assessment and Evaluation Report of Educational Programme for Street and Working Children in Kolkata metropolitan by Don-Bosco Ashalayam and CINI Asha. I was selected as external evaluator by UNESCO (New Delhi) for conducting the evaluation and assessment. The assessment was conducted in October 2001.
· Non-formal Education Teachers Training for Firozabad District, Organized by Initiative for Social Change and Action (ISCA), Sponsored by UNESCO, New Delhi and International Bureau of Education (UNESCO-IBE), Geneva-2001
· ‘Rescued Children from Commercial Sexual Exploitation -Situational Analysis and their rehabilitation- A case study of Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai cities in India, The project was Sponsored by United National, Human Rights Commission, Voluntary Fund on Contemporary Forms of Slavery, Geneva, Switzerland.2002
· “ A situational Analysis of Street and Working Children in India “, Sponsored by UNESCO (India)- Completed in December –2000. (About 58 NGOs from all major urban centres and cities with child worker in hazardous occupation were covered for the detailed survey). The report is under publication by the UNESCO, New Delhi
· Assessment and Evaluation Report of Educational Programme for Street and Destitute Children in Kolkata metropolitan by Don-Bosco Foundation. I was selected as external evaluator by UNESCO (New Delhi) for conducting the evaluation and assessment. The report of the study was submitted to the UNESCO in January 2001
· “ Assessment of Rehabilitation Programme for Child Labour in Carpet Industry of India- Mirzapur-Bhadohi Carpet Weaving Belt ”. The Project was Sponsored By Association for Voluntary Action and SACCS, New Delhi and funded by Christian Aid, United Kingdom. The project report was submitted in July1998.
· “Community Response for Urban Infrastructure Services in Slum Areas of Cuttack Municipality, Orissa” The project was funded by Department for International Development (DFID), British High Commission, New Delhi. 1998. The project was completed along with the ENC Consultancy, New Delhi, Vasant Kunj.
- Core Member of Disaster Research Programme – Training and Research Project- A Collaborative Project of JNU and National Institute of Disaster Management ( Ministry of Home affairs, GOI) 2015-2017
- MAPPING OF DISASTER ZONES IN INDIA : A case Study of Western Ghats, Funded by UGC under University of potential Excellence Programme (UPOE), JNU, 2014- 2017
- 2014 Floods of Srinagar- Kashmir : Learning and Future Strategies- DRP-JNU , 2016
- Landuse Changes and Food Security in Jammu & Kashmir-
Along with Prof. M.S. Bhat, Geography Department, Kashmir University).( Sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi) 2016-2018
- Conflict Situation in Jammu and Kashmir: Its Impact on the livelihoods of the Gujjar and Bakarwal Tribes, sponsored by Indian Council for Social science Research- ICSSR, New Delhi – March 2013- March 2015
- Knowledge, Attitude, Behavior, Belief and Practices (KABBP) of Electorates in Uttar Pradesh, Project Sponsored by Uttar Pradesh Election Commission- January- December 2013, Centre for Law and Governance Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Regions and Regionalism in India: Issues and Concerns, Sponsored by Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies, May 2012- June 2013
- Off Side: Child Labour in Football Stitching, A Case Study of Meerut District of Uttar Pradesh, Bachpan Bachao Andolan Publication, October 2008
- Evaluation of PRAYAS, Juvenile Justice Centre, Reaching out the Unreached: A Reflective Analysis, Sponsored by Prayas Juvinial Centre, New delhi and Suas Educational Society, United Kingdom, 2007-2008
- Dynamics of Economic Transformation in Jammu & Kashmir with special reference to post-1975 period, sponsored by Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi along with Professor M.L. Misri. December 2003.
- JANSHALA programme in Jharkhand State- Evaluation Report, Sponsored by Ministry of Education, Government of India and United Nation Programme.
- Project Mala Schools in India- Evaluation, Assessment, Acceptability and Impact, Assessment of Project Mala Non-formal schools in Carpet-weaving region of Varanasi, Bhadhoi and Mirzapur. The Children Emancipation Society and Project Mala Charitable Trust, United Kingdom sponsored the project.
- “ Assessment Impact and Acceptance of Non-Formal School Education for Working Children under National Child Labour Programme of India in Mirzapur- Bhadhoi carpet belt and Firozabad Glass work” The project was sponsored by the National Human Rights Commission of India, New Delhi. Completed in January-2001. (About 45 NGOs and 88 Non-formal education centres were covered for the survey).
- “Resettlement and Rehabilitation policy (Social Aspects) for displaced population due to development activities” Sponsored by HUDCO, New Delhi. June-2000. The project was completed along with the ENC Consultancy, New Delhi, Vasant Kunj.
- Settlement Structure and spatial organization – A case study of Kashmir Valley sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi. Submitted the research report in July1999 to the ICSSR.