Sanghamitra Nath is a full-time Ph. D scholar at the Centre for the Study of Law & Governance in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. Her work interrogates praxis of disaster management in India. She is a member of the Disaster Research Programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University. Earlier, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Sociology (2006-2009) from Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi, and Master of Arts in Sociology (2009-2011) and International Relations (2011-2013) from Jawaharlal Nehru University. She was awarded Junior Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission in 2012. She was invited as chair and discussant at the 57th Annual Convention of International Studies Association, 16th-19th March 2016, Atlanta (United States of America), 4th Global International Studies Conference, 6th-9th August 2014, Goethe University Campus Westend, Frankfurt (Germany), and 5th International Conference on Social Sciences, 5th-6th October 2012, İzmir (Turkey). She has presented papers in several national and international conferences. Her research interests include disaster risk reduction, sustainable development, climate change, political economy, poverty, gender, and international politics.
- Nath, Sanghamitra, “Lending to the Poor: The World Bank in Urban Development in India”, European Scientific Journal (affiliated with the University of the Azores, Portugal),European Scientific Institute, June 2015 /SPECIAL/ edition ISSN: 1857 – 7881 (Print) e – ISSN 1857- 7431, pp 271-288.
- Nath, Sanghamitra, “Rethinking ‘Sustainable Development’ as ‘Sustainable Ecological Services’”, Journal of Environmental Research and Development, 9 No. 3A, January-March 2015, ISSN: PARIS ISSN 0973-6921, E-ISSN: 2319-5983, pp 1031- 1036. Special Mention at the 7th International Congress of Environmental Research (ICER-14),26-28 December 2014, R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore (India).
- Nath, Sanghamitra, “Strategic Partnership for Economic Development: India’s New “Inclusive Trade Diplomacy”’,Elsevier Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences (indexed in Scopus, ScienceDirect and SciVerse), Vol. 157, 2014, ISSN: 1877-0428, doi: 1016/j.sbspro.2014.11.026, pp 236 – 243.
- Nath, Sanghamitra,Mrittika Bhattacharya and Prem Prakash Srivastav, “Advocating the ‘Culture of Mushroom Consumption’ within the Pre-dominant Discourse of Cancer Treatment and the Politico-Economic Challenges to its Adoption”,American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers(ASABE), Paper number 131619462, 2013, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.13031/aim.20131619462
- Nath, Sanghamitra, “What Military Deterrence Cannot Do, Cyber Deterrence Can Do to Iran: Exploring the Implications of Manipulative Incessant Usage of the Term ‘Pre-emptive’”, International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanity Studies, Vol 4, No. 1, 2012, ISSN: 1309-8063, pp 313-323.
- Nath, Sanghamitra, “The ‘Conventional’ Draping of Sari: The Politics and The Shifts in the Meaning of Femininity in Urban Indian Society”, Conference Proceedings on “Emergence of Women in India”, Jogamaya Devi College, University of Calcutta and University Grants Commission, December 2011, Kolkata (India).